Rating and Reviewing Cigars
When viewing the page for a specific box or bundle of cigars, you'll notice a "Customer Ratings" section below the Description/Reviews section. This is your chance to rate the cigar according to six criteria: Burn, Consistency, Draw, Appearance, Taste, and Construction.
Rate the cigar from one to ten (Poor to Excellent) by clicking the bar at the appropriate number. Once you've selected a rating for all six categories, click "Submit Your Ratings." If you submit more than one rating per cigar, your latest rating will overwrite your previous rating.
You'll then see a link to write a review. You can rate any cigar in our humidor. Please note that numerical ratings are FOR CIGARS ONLY. Have fun!
You can also write a review for any item we carry! Two ways to do it: either provide a numeric rating (as explained above), then click the link provided, or click the "Write review" link under the Reviews section.
- Start by typing in your name and location (make them up, if you're shy).
- Next, create a short One-Line Summary and provide your Email Address (both are required, and your email address will NOT be published).
- Write whatever your heart desires. If you don't like a cigar, say so; unlike other retailers, we publish both positive AND negative opinions.
- When you're satisfied, rate the item numerically (if you haven't done so already), then click "Submit Review and Ratings."
All reviews are subject to approval. The rules include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- NO PROFANITY - PERIOD.
- Subject matter must be limited to the specific cigar you are commenting on.
- Please refrain from submitting a critique on Famous Smoke Shop or our competitors. We've got a Fan Mail page for that.
- Anything considered inappropriate will not be published.
Other than that, it's a free-for-all! Go for it and have fun!