Hey, there! Looking for something new? Check out this listing of the finest new cigars the tobacco industry has to offer, including ACID, La Gloria and CLE. Click here to see them…
Cigars: Man vs. Wife
“If your wife doesn’t like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife.” – Zino Davidoff of Davidoff Cigars
Ha – that’s rich.
I love cigars. My wife hates them. But I love her, and keeping her happy ensures (or at least enables) my own happiness.
I’ve realized that I am never going to convince her to tolerate the smell of cigars, let alone enjoy their aroma. Bear in mind that I come home from work at Famous every day smelling of cigars, even on days when I don’t smoke any. Clearly this is a recipe for tension.
If you find yourself feeling like a star-crossed cigar lover, fear not. Over 7 years of marriage, I’ve amassed a repertoire of maneuvers designed to minimize her exposure to cigar smoke.
In no particular order, I present to you my list of Pro Tips.
- Stay away from open windows
- If it’s necessary to smoke in the garage, ventilate early & often
- Change your clothes outside, if possible
- Skip the cologne: a 2-minute shower can work wonders, especially rinsing out your hair
- Brush, floss, and mouthwash
- Avoid falling asleep (or passing out) in your “cigar clothes”
- Hand sanitizer
- Drive with the windows down
Some of these are obvious, others less so. Whatever the case, these have significantly decreased DW’s “cigar commentary.” Maybe they will for you, too.
P.S. If your spouse/significant other enjoys cigars, I don’t want to hear from you. No, seriously, stop rubbing it in.