Gary Korb takes one more look at the Holidays with his list of top shelf cigars adorned with fancy white & gold bands. Whether it’s a last minute gift idea or a humidor-worthy primo to ring-in the New Year, you’ll find 12 of them all dressed-up and ready to smoke.
Is that blueish-greenish tint on my cigars’ wrappers mold?
A: STOP! Don’t throw them away. I asked our resident Master Tobacconist, and here’s what he had to say:
1) Get Boveda 69% packs, or use only distilled water in the humidifier.
2) You can gently wipe it off the cigars.
3) Try to separate the blends in the humidor.
4) Keep the cello on the cigars.
5) It could be too much humidity.
The good news is, it’s NOT mold, but rather a discoloration that happens as a result of some chlorophyll that got trapped in the leaf.